Serves: 4; Cals per portion: 415; Prep time: 15 mins; Cook time: 30 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 10oz (300g) long-grain rice
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 ½ pt (900ml) chicken stock
- 8oz (225g) canned sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
Step One – Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 mins. Add the rice and continue to cook for 3 mins.
Step Two – Stir in chilli, green pepper, stock, sweetcorn and tomatoes. Season well. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins, or until liquid is absorbed. Serve.