Serves: 4; Cals per portion: 300; Prep time: 20 mins; Cook time: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb (900g) boneless chicken breast, skinned and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
Step One – Heat the oil in a large pan. Add chicken slices, garlic, onion slices, chilli powder, onion salt, ground cumin, dried oregano and lemon juice. Season well. Cook, stirring frequently for 10 mins.
Step Two – Add the peppers to the pan and continue to cook for 5 mins. Serve with wheat tortillas, mixed salad leaves, salsa and soured cream sprinkled with parsley.
Other Mexican Food recipes can be found in