Although you’ll save even more time by using canned mango, peeling and cutting a fresh one is well worth the few extra minutes – the taste and texture is so much better.
Serves : 4 : Prep : 6 mins : Cook : 4 mins : Cals per portion : 440
Ingredients: 1 large ripe mango; 2 x 200g tubs Greek yogurt; 2 passion fruit; 250g tub mascarpone cheese; 2 tbsp light Muscovado sugar
- Cut flesh from mango. Put pieces into the base of four ramekin dishes.
- Beat the Greek yogurt and the seeds and juice from the passion fruit into the mascarpone cheese to form a thick creamy mixture.
- Spoon the yogurt mixture over the mango, then sprinkle the sugar over the top.
- Grill until the sugar melts and forms a hard crispy caramel. Cool before serving.
If you like Okra, otherwise known as ladies fingers, you’ll love this spicy, tangy dish
Ingredients: 115g (4oz) yellow lentils (toor dhal); 3 tbsp corn oil; 1/2 tsp onion seeds; 2 onions, sliced; 1/2 tsp ground fenugreek; 1 tsp ginger pulp; 1 tsp garlic pulp; 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder; 1/4 tsp turmeric; 1 tsp ground coriander; 1 green mango, peeled and sliced; 1 lb (450g) okra, cut into 1 cm (1/2 in) pieces; 1 1/2 tsp salt; 2 fresh red chillies, seeded and sliced; 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander; 1 tomato, sliced
* Wash the lentils thoroughly and put in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil and cook until soft but not mushy. Drain and set on one side.
* Heat the oil in a deep round-bottomed frying pan or a Karahi and fry the onion seeds until they begin to pop. Add the onions and fry until golden brown. Lower the heat and add the ground fenugreek, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric and ground coriander.
* Add the mango slices and the okra. Stir well and add the salt, red chillies and fresh coriander. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until the Okra is well cooked. Finally, add the cooked lentils and sliced tomato and cook for a further 3 minutes. Serve hot.