Serves: 4; Cals per portion: 189; Prep time: 10 mins; Cook time: 55 mins
- 1oz (25g) butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 12oz (350g) sweeetcorn kernels
- 2 pt (1.2 litres) chicken stock
- salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ pt (150ml) single cream
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
Step One – Melt the butter in a large saucepan, then add onion and garlic, and sauté for 3 mins. Add the sweetcorn and stock to the pan. Season well. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 40 mins.
Step Two – Blend soup in a processor for 30 secs. Return to pan and stir in cream and chives. Continue to cook for 5 mins, without boiling, until soup is piping hot. Serve with crusty bread.
Other Mexican Food recipes can be found in