Serves: 4; Cals per portion: 392; Prep time: 10 mins; Cook time: 55 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 ½ lb (675g) lean minced beef
- 2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- ¾ pt (450ml) beef stock
- 397g can chopped tomatoes
- 430g can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- soured cream and freshly chopped parsley to garnish.
Step One – Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 mins. Stir in the minced beef and chilli powder and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 5 mins, or until sealed.
Step Two – Stir in the flour and tomato puree, cook for a further 1 min, then add the stock, tomatoes, beans and chilli. Season well. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 40 mins. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with soured cream sprinkled with chopped parsley.