Serves: 4; Cals per portion: 413; Prep time: 5 mins; Cook time: 10 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15oz (430g) can borlotti beans, drained
- 15oz (430g) can black-eye beans, drained
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- salt and ground black pepper
Step One – Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the beans, chopped onion and crushed garlic, and mash well with a fork.
Step Two – Stir in chilli powder, ground cumin and chopped parsley, and season well with salt and ground black pepper. Mash again, then cook, stirring frequently, for 5 mins. Serve.