Serves: 4; Prep: 15 mins plus overnight marinating; Cook: 20 minutes
If you don’t want to use scallops or prawns, use an extra 8oz (225g) cod fillet instead. For a real treat cook them on a barbecue.
Ingredients: 1 lb (450g) cod fillet; 4 rashers streaky bacon; 8 scallops or large prawns; 2 lemons; 2 onions, 1 tbsp / 15ml lemon juice; 2 tbsp / 30ml runny honey; 2 tbsp/30ml light soy sauce; 1 tbsp/15ml tomato puree; 1 tbsp/15ml wholegrain mustard; salt and pepper
- Cut the cod fillet into large pieces. Using the back of a knife, stretch the rashers of bacon. Halve each one and wrap each half around each scallop or prawn.
- Thickly slice the lemon and quarter each slice. Peel and cut the onion into large pieces. Thread fish, scallops, lemon and onion onto 8 skewers and place in a non-metallic dish.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over the fish, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight, basting with the marinade occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to high. Cook the skewers in a foil-lined grill pan for about 10 minutes or until cooked. Baste with the marinade during the cooking.
- Serve immediately on a bed of rice with any remaining marinade spooned over.