Recipe courtesy of Hello Magazine many years ago.
This dish is served with sugar snap peas and sun-blush tomatoes, this is an elegant and colourful way to serve salmon.
225g (8oz) new potatoes
225g (8oz) sugar snap peas
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
225g (8oz) sunblush tomatoes
100gg (4oz) black olives
100g (4oz) anchovy fillets
50g (2oz) roasted peppers, chopped
4 tbsp lemon flavoured oil
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
4 x 75g (3oz) Scottish Salmon fillets
Small bunch of fresh basil
- Boil the potatoes in a pan of salted water until just cooked. Drain, cool and cut each potato into six wedges.
- Blanch the sugar snap peas in a pan of salted water for 30 seconds. Drain, cool under cold water and slice into fine strips.
- Heat a ridged grill pan until smoking. Brush the potato wedges with 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook on the grill for 20 seconds on each side. Transfer to a bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, anchovies, peppers and sliced sugar snaps. Add the lemon, oil, salt and pepper and toss lightly.
- When ready to serve, reheat the grill pan, brush the salmon fillets with 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook for 1 minute, skin side down. Turn the fillets over, turn off the heat and leave to cook for 2 more minutes. Blend the basil with the remaining olive oil.
- Arrange the salad on serving plates with the salmon on top, skin side up. Spoon the basil oil around.