Recipe taken from the Lidl Easter brochure – April 2021.
Serves : 4; Preparation time : 10 mins; Cook time : 30 mins
500g new potatoes, large ones, halved
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, finely sliced
200g baby spinach
Small bunch of mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
2 courgettes, peeled into ribbons
30g parmesan, finely grated
1 pot of red pepper hummus
100g mixed salad leaves
1/2 lemon, juice only
Salt and pepper
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for 15 minutes, or until easily pierced with the tip of a knife. Drain, cool slightly, then chop into thick slices to add bulk to the tortilla.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof, non-stick frying pan and fry the onion for 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Preheat the grill to high.
- Add the spinach to the pan and allow to wilt for a few minutes, stirring regularly. Beat the eggs in a jug and plenty of seasoning, stirring in most of the shredded mint for extra zing.
- Scatter the potato slices into the pan and pour over the eggs, swirling the pan so the mixture reaches the edges. Shred the courgettes into ribbons for bite and lay in the pan in loose swirls. Cook for a little longer, just 3-4 minutes, then sprinkle over the grated cheese and slide the pan under the grill for five minutes.
- Allow the tortilla to cool then spread the top with the red pepper houmous to bring a smokiness to the dish. Toss the salad leaves and remaining mint with the zesty lemon juice and some seasoning and scatter over to serve.