Article from Lidl Easter brochure April 2021.
Add zing to spring brunches with these easy pastry twists, perfect for weekend feasting.
Crispy Bacon and Egg Slice
Makes : 6; Preparation time : 10 mins; Cook Time : 28 mins
- Unroll a sheet of pastry (use puff for crispiness), cut into 6 even squares and arrange on a parchment lined baking tray. Stamp out the centre of each square with a 6.5cm ring cutter, replacing the circle back into the middle, and brush with beaten egg for colour.
- Bake at 220 C / 200 C Fan / Gas Mark 7 for 10 minutes, then push the centres in a little and crack in 6 medium eggs for richness. Bake again, covered in foil, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the golden pastries from the oven and garnish with a rasher of crispy bacon to bring smokiness.
Fruity Banoffee Bunnies
Makes : 12; Preparation time : 25 mins; Cook Time : 35 mins
- Using 2 sheets puff pastry for crispiness, trim each into a 25cm square. Spread one with a generous layer of banoffee sauce for richness (leaving a border) and top with the other sheet. Seal along the border and slice into 12 even strips.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 160 C Fan / Gas Mark 4. Fold the strips into a U-shape, then twist twice. Brush with beaten egg for colour and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Once cool, dot with banoffee sauce and garnish with banana for fruitiness and broken waffle for whiskers.
Crunchy Lucky Dip Croissants
Makes : 6; Preparation time : 20 mins; Cook Time : 5 mins
- Slice open 6 croissants. Fill 2 with a generous layer of almond butter for richness. Melt 70g milk chocolate or drizzle over, topping with a handful of chopped pistachios and hazelnuts for crunch.
- Fill another 2 croissants with strawberry jam, blueberries and raspberries for fruitiness. Top with 1 tbsp natural yogurt mixed with 70g melted white chocolate and decorate with flaked almonds.
- Fill the last 2 croissants with chocolate orange spread for sweetness and zingy satsuma segments. Warm through and loosen extra spread to drizzle on top, garnishing with another segment.