Serves : 4 – Prep time : 10 mins – Cook time : 18 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil; 8oz (225g) tricolore penne pasta
For the sauce :
8oz (225g) broccoli florets; 1 tbsp olive oil; 1 ½ oz (40g) whole blanched almonds; 1 onion, peeled and chopped; ¼ pt (150ml) dry white wine; 4 tbsp double cream; 6oz (175g) Dolcelatte cheese
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add oil and cook pasta for 10 mins, or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: Cook broccoli for 4 mins. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Reserve.
- Heat oil and add almonds. Cook for 2 mins, then remove and reserve.
- Add onion to pan and sauté for 4 mins. Stir in wine and cream, and bring to the boil. Boil until reduced by half.
- Break cheese into pan, then add broccoli and almonds. Cook for a further 2 mins. Drain pasta an spoon sauce over. Serve.