Serves: 4; Cals per portion: 328; Prep time: 15 mins; Cook time: 10 mins
Ingredients: 8oz/225g Brie; 1 egg, size 3, beaten; 2oz/50g dried wholemeal breadcrumbs; 1oz/25g mixed chopped nuts; oil for deep frying; lambs lettuce to garnish.
For the sauce: 4 tblsp redcurrant jelly; 2 tblsp ruby port
- Trim the brie into four equal triangles. Place the egg in a shallow dish and mix the breadcrumbs and nuts in another.
- Dip the Brie into the egg to coat, then into crumb and nut mixture, making sure all the sides are well coated. Shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying to 350oF / 180oC. Fry the Brie in two batches for 2-3 mins, or until the coating is golden. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: Heat the redcurrant jelly and port in a pan until the jelly is melted.
- Place the fried Brie on a serving plate, spoon a little sauce around it and garnish with lambs lettuce.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.